Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snow Drifting

A few of you might remember when I posted my take on the movie
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. I've been fascinated with race cars drifting around curves since that movie. Unfortunately, I haven't had a proper occasion to try drifting. When I'm driving around Farmington in my steady Echo, things are more like "The Slow and the Serious". Tonight I discovered a drifting experience I might be able to get into, though. I found a video of a little Smart drifting furiously in a snowy open lot. A drifting dream come true!

2 comments:

  1. So they're rear-wheel drive! You never see that in those small econo cars. You're going to have fun. And listen to that engine roar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little 3-cylinder engine sits in the rear, so even though the Smart ForTwo is rear-wheel drive, it can get going OK in snow. Not like my old rear-wheel drive Camaro that stopped dead and spun its wheels at a hint of ice. It looked so good, but was so useless in the winter. I have some great stories about that car . . .

    ReplyDelete