Thursday, February 21, 2008

0 to 60 in 4 Seconds-With No Gas!

Last October I signed up for the waiting list to buy a Smart car. I'd never seen one in person, but the car gets incredible gas mileage and looks really goofy, two features I appreciate in a vehicle. Plus, the reservation fee is only $99 and fully refundable.

When I finally met a Smart car in person back in January, it was love at first sight. I'm glad, especially when I read an article about the Tesla electric roadster this week. This car zooms from zero to sixty miles an hour in a mere four seconds. The fuel economy is incredible - you never haveto buy gas. But the price tag is a little steep, $120,000. That's more than the mortgage I took out for my first house in Farmington. I'm glad I got bitten by the Smart bug and not the Tesla bug. I'm happy to have only one mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment