Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reporting Live from the Boat Show


Generally, the word boat reminds me of my old Pontiac 6000 and the slow, unresponsive handling as I drifted around turns. Today I was treated to an experience involving real boats (not old Pontiacs or Cadillacs.) I spent the afternoon perusing actual huge pontoon boats displayed in the middle of the Mankato River Hills Mall. In addition to the boats, there were ATVs, a bizarre scooter with two front wheels and a motorized snowboard on display. The boat show made for a colorful respite from the dreary leaden skies of this early March afternoon. Plus, once I was done looking at all the power toys, I ducked into Aeropostale to do a bit of power-shopping. Now I'm the proud owner of a faux suede jacket, lined with real simulated sheepskin, and it was a steal on clearance. Ah, those lazy Sunday afternoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment