Saturday, February 9, 2008

You're Not Having a Ball?

Tonight I was all set to watch Headbanger's Ball. The pup was tucked in his bed, the fire was roaring and the iguana was fed. I’d already torn the plastic wrap off my frozen pizza when I turned on MTV. Time for metal! A lame looking guy was talking into the camera, reporting live from his bedroom using his mobile phone. This wasn't MTV, was it? Where's the videos? For a moment I thought the remote wasn't working.


Nope.

There was no Headbanger's Ball tonight. Has it been cancelled? The possibility took away my appetite.

My stomach didn't feel so great, but since I already had the plastic wrap off the pizza, I heated it anyway. I settled into my new Pleather recliner* with my TV tray full of slices. There really isn't much to watch on TV during Saturday night. Luckily, before the pizza got cold, I stumbled onto a new program called "Mobile Home Disaster". An hour in the trailer park? That's the next best thing to watching Headbanger's Ball.
The host took us into a truly disastrous mobile home filled with paneling and furniture from the '80's. Two parents, six kids and two dogs lived in the two bedroom single-wide. There was duct tape holding together the shower door and parts of the kitchen seemed to be missing, like the flooring and cabinet doors.
The show's producers sent the family to Los Angeles on vacation, and replaced their single -wide with a double-wide. The demolition of the single-wide was awesome. I wish I could've taken a sledgehammer to the paneling myself.
The show's staff filled the new double-wide with IKEA furniture. They didn't mention that they were shopping at IKEA, but I spotted my nightstand, the rug from my downstairs bathroom and the curtains from my den in the mobile home. Wow! An IKEA mobile home? What more could you ask for? The family was pretty excited about their new trailer. This Mobile Home Disaster was incredible!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Found on Craiglist, then sanitized with antibacterial wipes and Lysol.

1 comment:

  1. Cold hit this house pretty badly, 2nd time in same month :(

    Ana

    ReplyDelete