Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Going Overboard on Overtime

The past six weeks or so I've been working a bit of overtime at work, and a lot of overtime at school. In mid-March I had a 16-page paper due and then last Wednesday a 62-page team project. Both involved a PowerPoint presentation. That was the easy part. Many of you may know how much I love PowerPoint. I always add the clapping sound effect to my last slide, just in case the audience is sleeping by the time I get to that point in the presentation. If you want the full scoop on my project presentation, you'll just need to read my upcoming column in the Farmington Independent on Thursday, April 24. That's where I dish the dirt on how my presentation really went. Believe me, no one was asleep at the end of this one.
Now finals are finally over, and I have a new lease on life. This year I don't have any summer classes, since none are offered for my graduate certificate program at Metro State. I need to finish up the massive thesis I've been working on for a year for my on-line MIS Master's degree through Barrington University. I've discovered that writing about IT topics is not really so engrossing. I can do it for about ten pages at a stretch, and then my enthusiasm just wears off completely. I've promised myself to doggedly stick through this thesis, though, and get it done. I've only got around 50 or so pages left.

No comments:

Post a Comment