Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Where Has my Little Smart Gone?


The promised delivery date for my Smart car has come and gone, with no little Smart arrival. I feel I might have jinxed my chances of meeting my new Smart this year just by writing about it being delivered. After a year and a half wait for this bundle of mechanical joy, I am starting to believe it is a mirage. Even though my Smart dealership promises the car is in "in port", I'm not exactly confident. Luckily, my husband graciously traded me the keys for the Mini for his '94 Ford Probe. The Probe has an excellent sound system - a big sub with plenty of bass, an in-dash satellite radio with MP3 player, the whole enchilada. When I'm rolling in traffic listening to Shade 45 (Eminem's station on the satellite radio) the whole car thumps. It's like a cool teenage guy fascinated with electronics outfitted this car's sound system. Oh wait, my husband was a cool teenage guy when he first installed the sub. While the wait for the Smart may be long, at least I can do it in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment