Sunday, May 24, 2009

Freshman Again


I just found out a couple of days ago I was accepted to St. Mary's for fall. I'm so excited I wanted to drive the Smart car over to the bookstore this weekend to buy a new St. Mary's sweatshirt, but they're closed for the Memorial Day holiday. I guess I'll have to order one online from the bookstore website.
I have no classes until after Labor Day. This is like that summer off between your senior year of high school and freshman year of college where you can goof off, knowing you're set for fall. (Or what I imagine it must be like, because I spent my senior year of high school in college, courtesy of Minnesota's Post-Secondary Option Enrollment Program). I still have that cloud like feeling that it might not quite be real. St. Mary's MBA program was my top choice. I have to cancel my other applications. Once I do that and I'm wearing my new sweatshirt, maybe it'll begin to feel real. I was darn lucky to get this break and I hope to make the most of it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you. So you are going to transfer all your Metro State credits over to Saint Mary's, then?

    A guy at work went (or may even still be going) to Saint Mary's, getting the masters in Telecom degree which I've heard is a very rare Master's program (Saint Mary's might be one of a few in the country that offer it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. :)

    I won't transfer all of my credits to St. Mary's as I earned a graduate certificate in MIS Systems Analysis & Design at Metro State and I'm enrolling in the MBA program at St. Mary's. A few of the graduate classes will transfer, I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete